Please Read This Guideline if You Plan to Submit Your Research Presentation (ORAL OR POSTERS)
GUIDELINES FOR ORAL PRESENTATION
- All presentation that needs to be presented in an oral presentation MUST submit their short paper. Please follow the author guideline for more details (PAPER SUBMISSION). Accepted paper will receive discounted fees.
- An LCD projector shall be made available to facilitate your presentation. The only software that will be used is MS Powerpoint. Bring your file in this format in a thumbdrive, free of the virus.
- In whichever format, it is suggested you use sufficiently large fonts and clearly legible typefaces to enable participants to read the presentation. Do not cram too much information into each slide. Note that the presentation shall be in the ballroom, accommodating close to 60 participants. Do not cram too much information into each slide.
- Unless otherwise specified, your presentation has been allocated (15 + 5) minutes. The “+5” minutes indicated is meant for the discussion of your paper. You will hear a bell at the “12-minute” mark, signaling that you have only two minutes left. Another bell will ring at the “15 minute” mark to signal the end of your presentation time. You are advised to adhere strictly to the time allocated to avoid upsetting the scientific programme. Please be informed that the final time allocated for you will be announce later.
- The time taken for oral presentation may subject to change, you may present your research slightly decrease from the prospective time suggest in guideline no. 3
- You must submit your thumbdrive to the Secretariat at the Slide Preview area at least two (2) hours before the time scheduled for your presentation.
- Please fill up the CV form attached (CV SPEAKER), for introduction by the Chairperson. Give this to the Secretariat at the time of your registration. Relevant information includes name and title, job designation, institution/organization, qualifications, specific areas of interest/research experience, other relevant activities.
- All papers submitted for Oral Presentation subjected to review and comments from the reviewer. Please correct your short article within the timeframe given. Your paper presented at this conferences will be published in conference publication.
- All article submitted for this conference are followed the
GUIDELINES FOR POSTER PRESENTATION
- All posters that need to be presented MUST submit their short paper. Please follow the author guideline for more details (PAPER SUBMISSION). Accepted paper will receive discounted fees.
- All posters shall be mounted on exhibition boards in the ILKKM Sungai Buloh.
- Abstracts received for poster presentation have been grouped into various categories, depending on their area of focus.
- Posters shall be displayed for both days of the Conference.
- After registering for the Conference at 8 am on Wednesday, 24 October 2018, look for the number of your poster in the secretariat list and match that with the number on the poster boards prepared. Presenters are responsible for putting up their own posters by 0830 hours on the day of your presentation and remove them by 1700 hours on the second day. The secretariat is not responsible for any posters not removed by that time.
- Presenters are expected to be in attendance next to their posters at the times indicated in the programme book to discuss their posters and for interaction with the other participants.
- The space provided for each poster comprises a poster board that will fit A1 size poster (PORTRAIT ORIENTATION).
- Presenter can decide on poster design or use institutional template.
- Each poster must include the following information: Title of paper, the name of author (s), affiliation, introduction, methodology, results and discussion and conclusions. Please use sufficiently large fonts and clearly legible typefaces to enable participants to read the presentation from a distance of at least 1 meter. Do not cram too much information into a poster. Creative output using infographics are most welcome.
- The organizers shall provide some Velcro tapes for your poster. Do not use any other tapes or thumbtacks to put up your posters. Check with the secretariat staff on duty if in doubt. It is always better to avoid preparing posters that are too heavy for mounting.
- The best poster shall be awarded the special prize (only for Young Investigator track). A panel of judges shall be elected to select the winning posters.