- Dr. Tg Shahrul Tg Amad Basri (Bridging the preclinical-clinical boundary: how can we ensure that Malaysia constantly discovering and developing towards better health science & medicines) [Universiti Teknologi Mara]
- Dr. Hayrol Azril (Publication in Research) [Universiti Putra Malaysia]
- Associate Professor Dr. Khatijah Lim Abdullah (Towards strengthening the workforce among allied health sciences provider of a part in the research community) [Universiti Malaya]
- Dr. S. Asmaliza Ismail (Research Opportunities for ILKKM) [Institute of Medical Research, IMR]
- Dr. Tahir Aris. (Up or not? Possibilities of ILKKM applying for research grants in contributing to educational initiatives?) [Institute of Public Health, IKU]
Our Speaker Profile
Dr. Tg Shahrul Tg Amad Basri
Dr. Tengku Shahrul Anuar obtained his PhD degree in Medical Parasitology from the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in 2013. Currently, his research focuses on neglected tropical diseases primarily among the marginalized populations utilizing advanced tools to understand these diseases. Up to this date, he has published 35 ISI journals, which 14 of them were in Tier 1. His research article entitled “Giardiasis among different tribes of Orang Asli in Malaysia: Highlighting the presence of other family members infected with Giardia intestinalis as a main risk factor” has been selected as Editor’s Choice in the International Journal for Parasitology (Tier 1). Besides that, his publication on “Prevalence and risk factors associated with Entamoeba histolytica/dispar/moshkovskii infection among three Orang Asli ethnic groups in Malaysia” has been tracked as among the top 25% most cited PLoS One articles (Tier 1). He also managed to publish a book (UKM Press) and one chapter in the book (Springer) and had numerously appeared in local newspapers. His work is well cited with a total of 429 citations and an H-index of 11. He started his career as a Senior Lecturer at Faculty of Health Sciences in 2013 and currently is a Research Fellow at Integrative Pharmacogenomics Institute, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Puncak Alam Campus.
Dr. S. Asmaliza Ismail
Dr. S. Asmaliza Ismail obtained her Ph.D. degree in Environmental Assurance for Health from the University of Western Sydney, Australia. She currently director of the NIH Secretariate, Ministry of Health Malaysia. She holds numerous responsibilities such as Research management for the NIH-MOH, professional support to the Deputy Director General of Health (Research & Technical Support) and coordinator for the activities of the Research & Technical Support programme under Ministry of Health, Malaysia.